1860 Civil War Era Light Field Officer Cavalry Sabre
At the outbreak of the American Civil War, there were two types of sabres issued to the Federal Cavalry: "light" and "heavy". The light version was very popular and widely used by Civil War Field Officers. The brass guard has three bars to protect the hand and the grip is wire bound leather and capped with a sturdy pommel. In its double ringed, steel scabbard, it could be easily attached to the saddle of a horse or to the belt of an Officer. This 1860 reproduction cavalry sword measures 36" long with a 2 1/2' long stainless steel blade, and comes with a 31 3/4" long stainless steel scabbard. This Civil War era reproduction Field Officers sabre would make the perfect gift for the Civil War collector or the perfect accessory for Civil War reenactments. The Cavalry Sword w/ scabbard ships brand new in manufacturer's guarantee with our 100% Customer Satisfaction Guarantee.
Civil War Era Officers Sword w/ Scabbard Features:
- Light version reproduction Civil War era Field Officers Sabre with stainless steel double ringed scabbard
- 3 bar brass guard with wire wrapped leather grip and sturdy pummel
- Cavalry Officer Sword measures 36" long with a 2 1/2' stainless steel blade, in a 31 3/4" long scabbard
- The perfect gift for a Civil War collector or great accessory for Civil War reenactments
- 1860 era reproduction Cavalry sword w/ scabbard ships brand new in manufacturer's guarantee with our 100% Customer Satisfaction Guarantee