Antique Reproduction Chalkboard
Recreate the simple wonder of free time and a creative mind with this lovely antique reproduction Writing Slate. Used in the 18th and 19th century when paper was an expensive and sometimes unattainable commodity, students were taught their "three r's" (reading, 'riting, and 'rithmetic) using these small primitive slate boards. This Primitive Schoolhouse Writing Slate is made from real slate with a wood frame and comes with a rustic carrying bag. Perfect Primitive decor, this antique reproduction chalkboard is also useful for a Child's playhouse to play school or office, or to display your daily specials in your kitchen, camp, or coffee shop. The writing slate measures 8 1/2" x 10 1/2" (about the size of a piece of printer paper) and ships brand new, though it very authentic looking, looks just like an antique chalkboard. Please be advised that due to the fragility of the writing chalk, the chalk itself is not guaranteed to arrive in solid pieces.
Primitive Schoolhouse Writing Slate Features:
- Antique Reproduction Chalkboard is representative of a chalkboard used during the 18th & 19th Century
- Writing Slate is the same design and feel used by children in the One Room Schoolhouse of years past
- Primitive Chalkboard is made from real slate with a wood frame
- Writing Chalkboard measures 8 1/2" x 10 1/2" (about the size of a piece of printer paper)
- Primitive Schoolhouse Chalkboard ships Brand New in Manufacturer's Packaging with our 100% customer satisfaction guarantee